Getting a Korean visa is easy, you just need to take note of the following important items:
Establish Eligibility for Korean Visa
- You must have clean police record
This is obviously required in every country you want to apply for a visa. The South Korean embassy’s refusal may occur because you might be a threat to the country’s internal and public security.
- Prove that you will return to your home country
Your COE or Certificate of Employment is enough that you are going back. For business owners, submit a copy of your business permit and DTI.
Documents proving financial capacity:
- Travel Fund must be sufficient
One of the reasons the embassy might refuse to approve your visa application is lacking or insufficient proof that you can support yourself during your stay or that you are going to support yourself in order to get a job and work in South Korea. That case might involve:
- Certificate of Employment doesn’t have monthly compensation and company’s telephone number
- Low YTD/ADB on your Bank Certificate
- Suspicious huge deposits on your Bank Statement
- Discrepancies on your financial documents above including your ITR – make sure each document supports the other.
- Employment Letter
Complete the details on your Certificate of Employment by writing down the duration of your job, monthly compensation, position and company contact details. Using the telephone number and email address of your HR manager is highly recommended. If possible, include the dates and duration of your trip in Korea to give embassy more assurance that you are going back to your country, same through when applying visas to OECD countries like Japan.
- Bank Statement
Make sure to submit recent 3 months bank history. It must be the same account with your Bank Certificate. Both can be any type of account, be it a checking, payroll or savings.
- Copy of your ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316
Avoid discrepancies by making sure that your ITR is associated with your current company and is annually updated meaning, it is not recommended to submit ITR dated 2016 if you’re going to apply in the year 2018.
. Do not even try to submit False Travel Documents
You attempt to present false travel documents to the embassy or consulate, trying to fake your identity and others just to get a visa. The embassy won’t think twice to refused your visa and will report you for falsification of documents with unfavorable consequences.
3. Submit Explanation Letters if necessary
Another motive to lead the consular office to deny your Schengen Visa is failing to have the needed justification for your purpose and conditions of the planned travel and stay. Such are the cases of:
Failing to present an employment and professional qualification that matches with the presented financial situation
Incapacity to provide documents that support the purpose of travel and stay in the Schengen Area
Missing to apply for a visa period in conformity with the presented travel itinerary and holiday right or revenue situation
The inability to offer unchanging declarations about the purpose of travel and stay
4. Damaged Passport
A reason for a visa refusal could be presenting a passport that is not kept in a good condition. Such case can be when passport pages are detaching or missing, when the cover of the passport is damaged and so on.
5. Passport Invalidity
Alternative motive to lead the consular officer denying your visa application is presenting a passport that is not acceptable for the Embassy or Consulate. Such cases are classified the following:
Presenting a passport that does not have a valid period less than three (3) remaining months after the return from the visit in the Schengen Area
Presenting a passport that does not possess two different blank visa pages
Presenting a Travel Document Booklet instead of a valid passport
Presenting a valid passport that is older than ten (10) years
6. Lack To Proof The Travel Itinerary
An additional reason for Schengen Visa application fail, is lacking to present the proper plan of your travel within the Schengen Area. Such cases include:
Applying at the wrong Embassy of the Schengen Area (not being able to determine the main destination of your visit in the Schegen Area)
Not being able to prove having a booked accommodation for each destination and each night to spend in the Schengen Area
Not being able to provide booked flight ticket for each applicant (when a group of travelers)
Not being able to provide travel tickets for each destination to be toured in the Schengen Area.
Learn How to get a Flight Itinerary for Schengen Visa Application without paying any money towards the actual cost of the full airline ticket.
7. Invalid Letter of Reference
Further evidenced reason for a failed Schengen Visa application is providing a formal letter of reference that is not authenticated by the author. Such cases involve:
Lacking to offer a formal letter that has an original letterhead with the address and contact details of the company or the author issuing it
Lacking to present a formal letter issued not later than three (3) last months from the application date
Missing to have the stamp and signature of the author on the formal letter
9. Unacceptable Birth Or Marriage Certificate
Additional cause for a failed Schengen Visa application is not being able to offer birth or marriage certificates that are accepted (not authenticated) by the embassy or consulate. Such cases include:
Failing to offer a certificate endorsed by official authorities, i.e. Ministry Interior
Failing to offer a certificate in non English language translated by the authorized translator
Lacking to prove a civil certificate (offering a religious document instead)
Not being able to offer a certificate showing both parents of the child
Not being able to offer certificate that matches with the names of the parties presented on the submitted passports
Not being able to offer a document of the legal sole custody order for the child (if a single parent)
Not being able to offer the legal adoption documents for the adoptive child (for EU Spouse application)
10. Invalid Travel Insurance
The other reason that might lead to a Schengen Visa application fail, is the inability to present the appropriate travel insurance coverage for the duration of stay in the Schengen Area. Such cases might involve:
Failing to provide a travel insurance cover in the anticipated amount
Lacking to provide a travel insurance that does not cover the return of the candidate in home country
The inability to provide a travel insurance whose policy is valid all over the Schengen Area
The incapacity to show a travel insurance that covers the entire days of the trip in the Schengen Area
Learn more about Schengen travel insurance requirements.
11. Lacking to present a Proof of Accommodation
An additional factor that might lead for your visa to be refused is not being able to properly demonstrate you have a place to stay during your travel abroad. Such cases include:
Not being able to present an evidence of a hotel reservation,
Lacking to provide the invitation from the host (proof of sponsorship),
Failing to present an evidence of a pre-paid tour.
Learn How to Get a Hotel Booking Confirmation Letter For Visa Application.
12. Unfavorable Schengen Visa Situation
What else could destroy one’s Schengen Visa application is earlier history with the Schengen Visa. Such cases include:
Failing to previously respect Schengen Visa limitations (i.e. Overstay in the Schengen Area, failing to follow the presented travel itinerary – by skipping to stay mostly in the main country of destination in the Schengen Area, and so on).
Holding a passport with an active Schengen Visa.
Note: The information provided here is intended for assistance only and might be usable NOT ONLY for the purpose of applying for Schengen Visa but for any visa type of any world country.
What makes an Embassy or Consulate reject providing you a Schengen Visa? This is the question many people make anytime they are about to apply for such a visa. The fact is that whenever a Schengen visa or any visa gets rejected, there is something UNSATISFACTORY as regards of that visa application.
Many visa applicants get confused and unable to exactly understand the reason for their visa refusal. That is why the article will focus on presenting the common known reasons for such refusal.
A visa application might be considered unsuccessful if the consular officer fails to get from the candidate all the needed information about him/her. Lacking to possess such information, the consular officer will be incapable to decide if the candidate qualifies to be given a visa. On the other hand, sometimes the consular might get information from the applicant that is unacceptable or beyond the fixed procedures. Sometimes the candidate is prone of illegitimate and/or dishonest activities. In all of the aforementioned cases the officer is led to DENY offering a visa to the applicant.
V isa travel self-sufficiency in Korea is information is always sought and requested for so long. This article introduces all the procedures, profiles to prepare, as well as the experience you need for those who want to travel self-sufficiency in Korea.
Self-travel visa application form by Korean Embassy (download here or in the consular room) in English or Korean, with color photo taken in white color, 3.5cm x 4.5cm, taken within 03 months of the filing date.
– Passport must be valid for at least 06 months prior to the date of visa application.
– All documents must be in English, A4 size and notarized.
– Visa fee: Previously, the visa fee was paid in USD (20USD / dossier), but since September 1977, the fee will be replaced by the counter at LSQ at the price of 462,000VND.
– The savings book has a minimum of $ 5,000 sent over 30 days, up to the date of submission. Do not accept savings books opened at Credit Facilities.
– Confirmation of bank account balance within 14 days, up to the date of application.
– Photocopy of 02 savings pages.
* In the case of a 3-month savings account but less than 30 days up to the date of application, a red book (home / land title) or a car title with the applicant’s name may be attached.
* Applicants who have previously enrolled in OECD member countries (except Korea) for 3 years prior to the filing date will be exempt from financial proof. Just photocopy the visa page and stamped the entry and the above countries.
* In case of traveling by the company for reward (Incentive – finance paid by the company), the company in charge (the company providing the payment) must have the legal status, Financial capacity of the company (establishment / business registration certificate of the company, confirmation of account balance with the copy of the latest three month transaction, the company’s 03-month tax certificate, Guarantees and decisions for travel agents must use the form list (attached), they will be exempted from financial identification. ( Note : Guarantee and decision must be made by a person. The corporate representative of the company named on the business registration certificate.)
– Application fee is from 30 ~ 120.000VND, depending on the bank.
– Those who already have a visa to Korea will not have to prove their financial status, just submit a copy of the old visa together with the new visa application (contact the embassy at the end of the article to confirm the case of yourself).
– Those who already have visas to Japan must still prove financially.
2 Papers proving careers:
– Civil servants: Labor contract or appointment letter, current occupation certificate …, the last three months salary and the certificate of leave (in the form of the company) with the certification of holding company. No need for notarization.
– Business owner: enclose the business registration certificate with local notary certification and a notarized English translation together with a copy of the company account statement and company tax certification for the latest 03 months.
– Retirement: Proof of occupation through the decision of retirement or retirement / retirement cards with notary certification in the locality, together with the state notary public.
– Homemaker: A certificate of housekeeping or a curriculum vitae with local certification and a notarized translation.
– Student / Student: There is proof of school attendance (school absentee’s certificate and most recent certificate of attendance / student card) along with: Parents and parents’ letters of guarantee (with English translation), together with a copy of the sponsor’s identification card, birth certificate or household registration book, in the official English language to prove the relationship with the guarantor. .
Translation and notarization fees: ~ 300,000VND, waiting time: ~ 24 hours.
3 Confirmation of Travel in Korea:
– Air tickets: advance booking, no payment (in case visa is not granted), please print the copy of the agent’s confirmation email.
– Confirmation of hotel bookings: Booking can be made at the website as Booking.com without payment, then print the email confirmation after the booking is successful (later can cancel if not reach the visa. or want to change room rental).
– Itinerary: You do not have to follow the schedule but you need to have an English version of the schedule for the RoK Embassy to confirm. Write travel dates and places (address in English or Korean). Refer to popular tourist destinations in Korea with detailed address and travel instructions here .
4 Things to keep in mind when applying for self-employed tourist visa:
– Korean Embassy accepts self-employed tourist visa applications from 09:00 to 12:00 every day, afternoon for travel companies. Be prepared to file carefully and before the opening hours about 10 minutes to queue because people come to visa self-sufficiency is always crowded.
– Documents to bring with you: 2 passport photos, instructions at the beginning of the paper and ID card together with the documents to prepare as in sections 1, 2 and 3.
Waiting time and visa: 08 days from the date of receiving the application, if the application is complete. Prepare thoroughly and only fill in the information you have; Answering honestly when interviewed is the best way to get a visa. Only a minor flaw or inaccurate information may prevent you from obtaining a visa.
Tourist visa self-sufficient 30 days, but the number of days allowed to stay in Korea will be decided by the Embassy (usually 15 days).
– In case of no visa, LSQ will return only passport and original documents.
– From 1/7/2016: Those who have visas for entry into OECD countries will still have to prepare financial documentation as Part 1 (previously exempt from financial proof), and not be granted entry visa. entering Korea many times.
– From 1/5/2016: Those who have entry visa to Japan with deadline and have the final flight tickets to Japan will no longer be exempted from visa entry into Korea in the transit period as before. .
– View discussion from experienced members of TTHQ ™here .
– Detailed instructions on how to fill in the visa application of an experienced blogger here .
– How to apply and experiences for people in the South are here .
5 Where to apply for tourist visa self-sufficiency:
Vietnamese citizens with household registration from Da Nang to the North apply for the application at the Korean Consulate in Hanoi, while from Quang Nam to the South submit their application to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Hanoi. HCM.
* Korean Consulate in Hanoi:
– Embassy Address: 28th Floor, Lotte Center Hanoi Building, 54 Lieu Giai, Cau Giay District, Hanoi.
– Consular Section: 7th Floor, Charmvit Building, 117 Tran Duy Hung, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
– Tel: (+84) 04-3831-5110 ~ 6.
– Website: vnm-hanoi.mofa.go.kr
* Consulate General of Korea in HCMC. HCM:
– Address: 107 Nguyen Du Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh.
– Phone: (+84) 08-3824-3311.
– Website: vnm-hochiminh.mofa.go.kr